Thursday, May 27, 2010

Green Nail Polish?



I am mother to a four month old, which means I am diligent about what chemicals come into my house.(or actually are not allowed!) Every day, I strive to keep my family healthy and chemical free. We use natural household cleaners, buy organic veggies, recycle and even started composting. In my podiatry practice, I have started looking for ways to recommend less chemicals to my patients.

After months of pedicures and continuous application of nail polish you may notice your toenails getting dry and brittle. This damage to the nail is caused by the formaldehyde found in most commercial nail polishes. Not only does commercial nail polish contain formaldehyde (a found carcinogen!) but also toluene (toxic to liver and kidneys) and DBP (causes birth defects).


Podiatrists, Dr. Adam Cirlincione and Dr. William Spielfogel have together created safer solution. It all started when Dr. Cirlincione's wife was pregnant and he was researching the harmful toxins contained in most nail polishes. Dr.'s Remedy Enriched Nail Polish is toxin free and enriched with tea tree oil and garlic bulb extract, which are naturally occurring anti-fungal, antibacterial, and healthier for the nail. If you are looking for a healthier alternative for keeping your nails pretty this sandal season, consider Dr. Remedy's.

Dedicated To Your Healthy Feet,
Dr. Jennifer Feeny

Learn More at http://www.shenandoahpodiatry.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment