Thursday, June 28, 2012

Got Feet?

Because of my unique training in the care of feet and ankles, I see people every day who suffer from foot pain. So often my patients tell me that they've been experiencing symptoms, including pain, for very long periods of time before they finally come in to see me. In some cases they've waited years! Sometimes when I'm out in the community, at the grocery store, for example, I'll see folks I know who say, "Hi Doc. You know I need to come in to see you because I've got a pain in my ankle or my heel hurts." Then months will go by and I'll see them again and they'll repeat the same thing.


When they finally do come in, in almost every case I am able to alleviate their pain, treat their condition, and drastically improve their quality of life.
The big question I used to ask myself is "Why?" Why do people suffer needlessly for years when a quick trip to see me almost always relieves their problems? It used to bother me, but as I've continued to see patients I've come to understand that sometimes fear of the unknown is stronger than the pain or inconveniences my patients face.
What I've also learned is in case after case-even though my patients could have saved themselves time, trouble, and expense by just coming in to see me- patients didn't have enough information to help them clearly understand their foot pain and the incredible options that state-of-the art podiatric medicine offers today.
So, I created a publication. I wrote it for you. I also wrote it to help you clearly understand what is happening with your feet and to help you get a sense of the help that is awaiting you at a podiatrist's office. I hope it is helpful and that it answers your questions. If after reading it you think you might be helped by seeing a podiatrist, I hope you consider Shenandoah Podiatry. My staff and I will do everything we can to treat your condition, reduce or eliminate your pain, and make you feel at home.

To Receive Your FREE Copy of Got Feet?- A User's Guide to Foot and Ankle Health fill out this short form!  

No comments:

Post a Comment