Friday, January 18, 2013

Wedding Shoes


As a bride-to-be, my current fixation is…wedding shoes! I'm hoping I'll be able to wiggle these into the wedding budget somehow, we'll see! 

As I've scoured the stores and websites (hello Nordstrom) I've become unsatisfied with my results (residing in Southwest VA doesn't help either). My original goal was to find hot pink satin wedges since the ceremony will be in grass. Then the whole "gold glitter" craze began and the pink shoes were out the window. After I found the dress I unfortunately came to the realization that I can't wear gold glitter shoes- as I have silver detailing on my dress. 

Now I've decided to go back to the pink shoes but they must be…pink glitter shoes!! And now my focus has somehow turned to Jimmy Choos and Christian Louboutins. And honestly people- it's my one chance to go ALL OUT! 

Of course I have a few rules in order for one of these ridiculously over priced pair of shoes to come to my hands: they have to be comfortable and they can't be in the quadruple digits unfortunately

Now let's get into why these shoes are priced the way they are and how to people (other than being their wedding shoes) justify them? 

At the low price of $3,395 these break my "quadruple digits" rule

A salesman at the Christian Louboutin boutique in LA explains, "each shoe is handmade in Italy using only the finest materials. Each craftsman has a specific job and they employ the best people. Christian left school at the ripe old age of 12 and has been designing shoes since then. His company launched in 1991 and his shoes have been a favorite of celebrities and royalty, Princess Caroline of Monaco was one of his first customers, ever since." Sounds like a good enough reason to me *visions of red soles dance in my head* -source 

One 'investigator' reports she has two pairs of Loubs and while she can wear them for a couple of hours, after that the effects of the narrow toe box kicks in…ahh the price to pay for beauty!

The one token of advice I've come across time and time again is, "buy what you can afford." I completely agree with this and that's why I'm using my wedding budget to pay for them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment